SLO-CAP puts together a yearly “Public Awareness Campaign” to educate the public about one aspect of child abuse in particular and child abuse in general.
This campaign includes distribution of posters and advertisement in the local newspapers to get the child abuse prevention message out to the public.
Some of the previous campaigns have included:
- “Imagine a World Without Child Abuse – Are We There Yet?”,
- “Listen With Your Heart”,
- “Words Hurt,”
- “Domestic Violence is Child Abuse,”
- “Babies Are Fragile…Never Shake a Baby,”
- “Never Hurt a Child…Never Never Never,”
- “Beat The Addiction, Not Your Child.”
Poster designs for the campaigns are the result of a contest among the students of a design class at Cal Poly. The students learn by doing and SLO-CAP receives a valuable product.